page updated: April 2016
NEW TWO STAGE ON-LINE APPLICATION AND PROGRAMME PROCESS IS NOW LIVE
Stage 1 Eligibility Assessment and Stage 2 Placement Approval Forms MUST be used with effect from April 2016
NB: Any (Current/retrospective) LTFT Programme Training forms in process, MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE 31 May 2016. Old forms received after that date will be rejected and returned to the Trainee and Stage 2 Placement Approval forms will then need to be completed and submitted as a matter of urgency.
1. NOTICE TO ALL LESS THAN FULL-TIME TRAINEES
PLEASE NOTE we operate as Health Education England working across the West Midlands (the Local Education & Training Board for the West Midlands). We have a new corporate logo and our new e-mail addresses are shown on the LTFTT home page. We still work from St Chad’s Court, 213 Hagley Road Edgbaston Birmingham B16 9RG and telephone contact numbers remain the same as previously.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT:
• New applicants must complete the HEE Stage 1 Eligibility Assessment form from the LTFTT Downloads page
• ALL LESS THAN FULL-TIME TRAINEES must, with immediate effect, please use the HEE Less Than Full-time Stage 2 Placement Approval Forms on the LTFTT Downloads page, for each new post.
2. INFORMATION FOR GENERAL PRACTICE LTFT TRAINEES RE COMPLETION OF HEWM LTFT TRAINING PROGRAMME FORMS
The LTFT Training Specialty Advisor role for GPVTS trainees lies within the remit of the GPVTS Area Directors.
The process for completing the LTFT Training Programme forms differs slightly from other specialties and is as follows:-
▪ Use HEE LTFT Training Stage 2 Placement Approval Forms from the LTFT Downloads page
▪ Liaise with the Supervising Consultant for your next post, agreeing a timetable/programme and obtaining his/her signature of approval.
▪ Contact Medical Staffing and complete details, determining the hours of the full-timers and your pro rata hours, percentage etc.
▪ Contact your Training Programme Director for his/her signature of approval
▪ Obtain a signature of approval on behalf of the Trust
▪ The forms will then be forwarded to your Area Director/LTFT Specialty Advisor for final signature of approval and passed back to the LTFT department.
▪ A confirmation of LTFT Training letter will then be raised.
3. GENERAL MATERNITY GUIDANCE FOR ROTATIONAL JUNIOR DOCTORS IN TRAINING
Please note NHS Employers document
4. JOINT SPECIALTY ADVISORS’ & LEAD TRAINEES’ MEETINGS
Minutes of the last Joint SALT meeting can be found on the Downloads Page
This year's meetings will take place on the below dates :-
Thursday 13 July 2017 @ 10.00 - 12.00
Venue: Main Conference Room,
St Chad's Court, 213 Hagley Road, Birmingham, B16 9RG
Monday 4 December 2017 @ 10.00 - 12.00
Venue: Education Centre
Birmingham Children's Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham B4 6NH
5. CONTACT DETAILS FOR LTFT TRAINING SPECIALTY ADVISORS, GP AREA DIRECTORS/SPECIALTY ADVISORS AND LEAD TRAINEES CAN BE FOUND IN THE DOWNLOADS SECTION
The current lists of LTFT Training Specialty Advisors of Lead Trainees are posted in the LTFT Training Downloads section.
If your specialty is not represented and you wish to volunteer for this important role, please e-mail Dr Helen Goodyear via LTFTTraining.firstname.lastname@example.org
6. KEEPING IN TOUCH (KIT) DAYS
If you are on maternity leave you are eligible for up to 10 KIT days. KIT days can be used for up-dating life support courses, attending other important courses and assuring clinical competences are maintained through a variety of practices.
7. GMC POSITION STATEMENT REGARDING TIME OUT OF TRAINING (MATERNITY LEAVE)
With effect from 1 April 2013, three months maternity leave can no longer be counted towards training. GMC Position Statement can be viewed here.
8. THE PREGNANCY PACK
All you need to know about pregnancy, maternity leave and returning to work in Health Education England working across the West Midlands.
You will find an updated, very informative and helpful article, written by Dr Emma Plunkett (Anaesthetic SpR - Birmingham School of Anaesthesia) and Dr Kerry Cullis (Consultant Anaesthetist, QE and Birmingham Women’s Hospitals) in LTFT Training Downloads section.
9. TRAINEES WORKING ON A TIER 2 VISA
It is important to note that a Trainee working on a Tier 2 visa and meeting the eligibility criteria, may be eligible to work Less Than Full-time on the Tier 2 visa. However, reducing hours will mean a drop in salary and this could affect their eligibility to work on the Tier 2 visa. It is advisable, therefore, to discuss your situation with Dr Helen Goodyear (Associate Postgraduate Dean for LTFT Training)