What does a Career in Diabetes & Endocrinology have to offer?
- If you aspire to have a steep learning curve then this is an ideal career
- If you wish to learn more from clinical experience than from text books, this would an ideal specialty to get into
- A competitive interview after CMT 2 is required to get into the programme
- Display of interest towards the specialty during CMT training would be preferable (audits, projects etc). Some of the endocrine/ diabetes societies offer free/ reduced rates attendances at national conferences to gain insight about the Specialty
- Taster sessions are being run at various Deaneries now to get an idea of how the specialty works