Welcome to Respiratory Medicine in West Midlands
- WM is large geographical area with multiple District General Hospitals and Tertiary Units, providing ideal learning environment for Respiratory Medicine & Internal Medicine.
- Diverse population group within rural, urban and suburban areas which enable you to experience varied respiratory pathologies.
- Excellent opportunity to attain sub-specialty experience and academic qualifications. Affiliated Universities include University of Birmingham, Warwick and Keele.
- With increasing demand, need for development of integrated systems and Respiratory support units, trainees have excellent opportunities to attain Consultant posts within the region.
Region is divided in to 3 zones:
- North- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust (7 posts), Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS Trust (4 posts), Walsall Hospital (1 post), Burton Hospital (1 post) and Royal Wolverhampton Hospital (4 posts)
- Central and West - University Hospitals of Birmingham NHS Trust (QE- 4 posts), Sandwell and West Birmingham (3 posts), Worcestershire Royal Hospital (2 posts), Hereford Hospital (1 post), Russells Hall Hospital (3 posts) and Alexandra Hospital (1 post)
- South and East - University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire (3 posts), Warwick Hospital (1 post), George Elliot Hospital (1 post), Heartlands Hospital (5 posts) and Good Hope Hospital (2 posts)
Rotational placements are from November to October and trainees will be posted at the tertiary centre for at least 1 year during the 4-year period. Each zone in the region will provide and facilitate training in all sub specialty elements of Respiratory Medicine including intensive care requirements.