Perhaps your professional roles have changed. Maybe you feel under pressure to work in a way you are uncomfortable with. Have your priorities or lifestyle circumstances changed over the years? Whatever the reason, if you and your work are no longer a perfect match it may result in you feeling demotivated or unsatisfied with your working (and even personal) life. Use this resource to identify why you chose the career you are currently in, what you feel the positive and negative changes have been and what you would like from your career in the future.
This resource has been developed by Elizabeth Cottrell. A plethora of information and guidance on identifying the need for change and planning this change is available. Start with the reading list below if you thing changes are required in your career:
- Chambers R, Mohanna K, Field S. Opportunities and options in medical careers. Oxford: Radcliffe Publishing; 2000.
- Chambers R. Career planning for everyone in the NHS: the toolkit. Oxford: Radcliffe Publishing; 2005.
- Chambers R, Mohanna K, Thornett A, Field S. Guiding doctors in managing their careers: a toolkit for tutors, trainers, mentors and appraisers. Oxford: Radcliffe Publishing; 2006.
- Kersley SE. ABC of change for doctors. Oxford: Radcliffe Publishing; 2006.
- Kersley SE. Prescription for change. 2nd ed. Oxford: Radcliffe Publishing; 2006.