Educational Supervision & Continued Professional Development (automatic payments no invoice required):
To receive the annual CPD payment, ALL GP trainers will need to complete a yearly affirmation survey. If you have not received this survey, please e-mail email@example.com with your details and they will arrange for the survey to be sent to you. HEE will then make the appropriate payments via NHSE. No invoices are required, and practices will be able to see these payments on their PCSE statement.
Please do not submit any invoices for CPD/ES payments.
Who is Eligible for CPD?
The CPD allowance is for approved GP Trainers only. Below are the guidelines for eligibility
To qualify for these payments’ trainers must adhere to the following;
(1) Active GP trainers (within the last 2 years)
(2) Currently on the Performers List
(3) Maintain performance as a GP Trainer which must be evidenced in NHS appraisal documentation
Apologies for adding to your administrative burden but we hope that this new process will be more straightforward for both you and your practice manager.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
CPD payments will be paid December 2023
ESR payments are paid in the following months:
- September 2023 to include ESRs for the period 02 February 2023 - 02 August 2023
- March 2024 to include ESRs for the period 03 August 2023 – 31 January 2024
Trainers Grants (automatic payment no invoice required)
From the 1 April 2022 the rate of payment has increased to £9,240.00 per annum this increase will be applied to the next payment run accordingly.
Payments will continue to be made directly to the practice from HEE, a daily rate will be applied pro rata, calculating the applicable TG based on the period the ST trainee is in the practice. For FY2 Trainees, the current reimbursement is £3,080.00 per four month rotation.
TG Payments will be made during the following months and will include applicable trainer grants for all registrars and FY2 Trainees:
- September 2023 to include TG for the period 2nd February 2023 - 2nd August 2023 (FY2 April 2022– August 2023 rotation included)
- January 2024 to include TG for the period 2nd August 2023 – 6th December 2023
- March 2024 to include TG for the period 7th December 2023 - 31st March 2024
You will be able to see what payments you have received through Open Exeter. Payments are made in line with rotations to ensure payments made are as accurate as possible.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries relating to payments you have received. We will make adjustments to payments in subsequent months following payments should it be needed. If for example a trainee has left a placement early or been on sick leave for the placement therefore resulting in a change to the applicable trainer grant.
If you have any queries regarding any of the above please contact email@example.com
Page updated: 17th February 2023