1. There is a new process for applying, using MS Forms. (further information and presentations are on the main LTFT page)
2. There are no longer categories.
3. TRAINEES WORKING ON A TIER 2 VISA
It is important to note that a Trainee working on a Tier 2 visa and meeting the eligibility criteria, may be eligible to work Less Than Full-time on the Tier 2 visa. However, reducing hours will mean a drop in salary and this could affect their eligibility to work on the Tier 2 visa. It is advisable, therefore, to ensure full discussion with the HEE overseas sponsorship team email: email@example.com discussing your situation with Dr Helen Goodyear (Associate Postgraduate Dean for LTFT Training) if queries remain.
4. INFORMATION FOR GENERAL PRACTICE LTFT TRAINEES
The LTFT Training Specialty Advisor role for GPVTS trainees lies within the remit of the GPVTS Area Directors.
5. GENERAL MATERNITY GUIDANCE FOR ROTATIONAL JUNIOR DOCTORS IN TRAINING
Please note NHS Employers document
6. JOINT SPECIALTY ADVISORS’ & LEAD TRAINEES’ MEETINGS
Minutes of the last Joint SALT meeting can be found on the Downloads Page
The next meeting will be on Monday 14th June 14.00 to 16.00 and is a virtual meeting via MS team.
7. CONTACT DETAILS FOR LTFT TRAINING SPECIALTY ADVISORS, GP AREA DIRECTORS/SPECIALTY ADVISORS AND LEAD TRAINEES CAN BE FOUND IN THE DOWNLOADS SECTION
The current lists of LTFT Training Specialty Advisors of Lead Trainees are posted in the LTFT Training Downloads page.
If your specialty is not represented and you wish to volunteer for this important role, please e-mail Dr Helen Goodyear via Programmes.firstname.lastname@example.org
8. KEEPING IN TOUCH (KIT) DAYS
If you are on maternity leave you are eligible for up to 10 KIT days. KIT days can be used for up-dating life support courses, attending other important courses and assuring clinical competences are maintained through a variety of practices.
9. GMC POSITION STATEMENT REGARDING TIME OUT OF TRAINING (MATERNITY LEAVE)
With effect from 1 April 2013, three months maternity leave can no longer be counted towards training. GMC Position Statement can be viewed here.
10. THE PREGNANCY PACK
All you need to know about pregnancy, maternity leave and returning to work in Health Education England working across the West Midlands.
You will find an updated, very informative and helpful article, written by Dr Emma Plunkett (Anaesthetic SpR - Birmingham School of Anaesthesia) and Dr Kerry Cullis (Consultant Anaesthetist, QE and Birmingham Women’s Hospitals) in LTFT Training Downloads page.