Welcome to the pages for the West Midlands forensic psychiatric training scheme, which contain information and links for prospective and current trainees.
Our scheme provides a really wide range of clinical experience in forensic psychiatry, including:
- an incredibly diverse geographical area and population, including both deprived inner city areas and rural counties
- inpatient care at different levels of security,
- varying models of forensic community care,
- ready availability of medico-legal experience,
- prison psychiatry and other criminal justice liaison experience,
- specialist forensic psychiatric services.
Close links with three University medical schools provide a wealth of opportunities for teaching and research.
Don't hesitate to contact me or the current ST peer group representative (contacts in the right hand panel) if you want any further information that you can't find here.
Training Programme Director