General Practice Specialty Trainees must have obtained a post in open competition and SpRs/STs have obtained a training number. This is an outline of how to proceed with LTFT training.
- Stage 1 Eligibility Assessment form sent to LTFT Training Team via LTFTTraining@wm.hee.nhs.uk – details on application form available to download from the LTFT Downloads page. Some trainees may need an interview with Dr Goodyear.
Trainee meets with Programme Director/Clinical Tutor who will liaise with Consultants and HR staff in relevant Trust
Eligibility letter to Training Programme Director/Clinical Tutor and LTFT Training Specialty Advisor
Trainee contacts LTFT Training Specialty Advisor
Specific LTFT training programme set up. Programme needs to be sent to the Royal College for approval
LTFT Training Stage 2 Proposed Placement Approval Forms to be completed
These clarify whether
1. LTFT trainee is in full-time slot
2. Slot sharing
3. Supernumerary trainee
Funding arrangements will vary according to category
Download the LTFT Training Stage 2 Proposed Placement Approval Forms here
Trainee to let Dr Goodyear know
1. Each time he/she changes Trust
2. New LTFT Training Stage 2 Proposed Placement Approval Forms to be completed at each rotation, irrespective of whether the post is in the same Trust.
3. Trust has confirmation of LTFT training letter and funding arrangement prior to the trainee starting work.