A single employer for the whole of your training scheme. During your training you will work in various organisations. Rather than needing checks prior to joining each organisation a single employer will now take care of your employment throughout your training.
St Helen’s & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals (StHK) will become the Lead Employer for all GP Trainees in the West Midlands from 3rd August 2016. They will also be Lead Employer for Histopathalolgy, Public Health and Sports and Exercise Medicine trainees from August 2017.
This means StHK Lead Employer will be responsible for all employment matters relating to the Trainees, including pre-employment checks, issuing contracts of employment, co-overseeing disciplinary processes etc.
- Issuing Offer Letters for employment
- Completing Employment Checks
- Providing Medical Indemnity Cover throughout VTS training
- Arranging Performers List Applications
- Issuing Contracts of Employment
- Occupational Health
- Statutory and Mandatory Training
- Amending Contracts
- Payment of Salaries and Expenses
- Oversight of Grievances
- Issue Rotation Information (provided to it by the VTS)
- Conduct Disciplinary Hearings
- Providing HR facilities
- Payment of Study Leave (once authorised by Health Education England)
- The Electronic Staff Record or ESR is a national NHS system used for managing HR, Payroll and reporting. This is where absences and leave will be recorded by GP Practices and Hospitals. Trainees will also be required to use their record and will be issued with a log in and password.