As part of Health Education England’s commitment to Improving Junior Doctors’ Working Lives, changes have been made (in some regions including the West Midlands) to study leave processes. The changes will deliver:
- Equity of access to educational resources so that all trainees fulfil their potential
- Promotion of local education provision and innovation
- Efficiency and quality
- Greater flexibility
The new system will support all elements of curriculum delivery for all trainees on approved secondary care sector training programmes included Trust funded posts as well as discretionary courses which add value to the individual and support the wider system.
- Histopathology Trainees, please refer to the study leave process Here
- Sports and Exercise Medicine Trainees, please refer to the study leave process Here
- Ophthalmology Trainees, please refer to the study leave process Here
Please look at Key Documents for more detail.
Updated 19th February 2019