'Your Life, Your Career, Your Direction’
This is a free workshop for Foundation Year 1 Doctors across the West Midlands giving you a valuable opportunity to consider some of the important career issues facing junior doctors.
Themes covered include:
- Choosing a specialty and managing your career
- Reflecting on what is important to you in work and life
- Understanding your skills and strengths, and identifying evidence and examples to use in applications and at interview
- Understand the application process for specialty training, competition levels, recruitment trends and alternatives to going straight into training
- Building your CV and application portfolio
- Planning for the future
Look forward to an interactive, fun and thought-provoking day with lots of opportunities for practical activities, discussion and learning from each other.
What do previous attendees say?
100% of F1 trainees attending the workshops in the East Midlands across 2018 and 2019 said they would recommend the workshop to other Foundation Doctors.
‘I thought the workshop was extremely beneficial’
'I feel more confident about making a career choice’
‘Brilliant, very useful engaging course’
How do I get time off to attend?
The foundation school have confirmed that as a Foundation Year 1 Doctor, you can use an allocated day from your F2 Study Leave entitlement to attend this workshop. Please confirm the process with your Educational Supervisor and Postgraduate Centre colleagues.
Can I attend at any of the workshops?
Yes, you can attend any of the sessions - all dates and venues will be circulated shortly.
I have already attended a Windmills Careers Workshop; can i also attend this workshop?
These are targeted at trainees who did not attend a previous Windmills workshop. However, if you wish to have more support then it may be reasonable for you to attend again, although there is some similarity in material content.
Updated 15 May 2019