Dr Bernadette Garrihy is the Regional CEM representative.
The role of the CEM rep is as lollows:
- To provide a local point of contact for advice to Fellows and Members on issues relating to the objectives of the College, including professional standards, clinical standards, research, education and CPD, training and other professional matters, (this includes approval of Job Description of new EM Consultant and Associate Specialist posts in the region).
- To gather and collate information about service and educational issues concerning the practice and of EM in the region and so to inform Council and Officers, as well as providing a mechanism for the flow of information ideas and documents from College to Fellows and Members.
- To provide an appropriate point of contact for local national health bodies and to give advice on local issues
- To provide a contact point for local media concerning EM issues.
- To provide a focus for pastoral care and support of Fellows and Members and to represent the College at times of illness or bereavement and also where there is noted achievement by a fellow or member or by an ED team.
- To report to the President
- To attend College Council
Bernie is contactable at Russell’s Hall hospital; 01384 456111, and email@example.com
or on firstname.lastname@example.org