Mandatory Training Requirements for AIM Trainees:
- All AIM trainees must complete an audit each year and complete at least one Quality Improvement Project (QIP) during their training programme
- All trainees must meet the requisite curriculum competencies as per the ARCP decision aid
- Advanced Life Support (ALS Provider) certification must be up to date throughout training
- Specialty Certificate Examination in AIM (preferably completed by the end of ST5)
- 100 hours of external AIM teaching throughout the programme
- Attendance at 70% of regional acute medicine training days
- Evidence of teaching others *
* Not on 2009 curriculum but felt to be necessary local minimum standards and likely to be necessary to meet common competencies.
The Acute Internal Medicine curriculum is available for trainees to access on the JRCPTB website. Additional guidance is available from trainees or this website
Below is some information on the training which can be provided at some of the training units.
Please note the information provided is correct as of November 2020 but may be subject to change (for example timetable information / rota information). This information should be used as a guide only.