Welcome to Health Education England. The Midlands has over 2000 SAS Doctors across 40 Trusts within the region.
SAS Doctors are a very diverse group with regard to their level of knowledge, training, performance and need. Whilst their roles are seen as providing a high service component, the need for professional development and the lack of a structure for educational process is hampering appropriate training and individual development.
Our mission is to promote a strategic and professional approach to ensure all postgraduate education results in better patient care and service. We have a clear strategic vision for the development of SAS Doctors identifying their training, educational and development needs and ensuring that each hospital has a nominated individual as a Trust Clinical Lead for SAS Doctors and establish links with Health Education England. Please see the 'The Maximising the Potential: essential measures to support SAS Doctors' located below.
To do this, we aim to offer exciting educational programme activity to cover a broad range of essential non-clinical skills. Furthermore, we support local educational programme in every trust through very active enthusiastic SAS Tutors and SAS leads.
• SAS Funds usage will be a combination of deanery-based and trust-based activities.
• SAS Funds will be released to each Trust as two instalments of 50% of the total annual allocated funds.
• It is the responsibility of each Trust or PCT to give an account of their use of SAS Funds every 6 months to receive the next instalment of funding.
• Funds are devolved from the Deanery to each Trust on a per capita basis (based on registration data of SAS doctors).
WM Deanery Values SAS Doctors:
We view each SAS doctor is a practitioner, partner and leader in their workplace. Therefore, the educational programme aimed to develop the SAS Doctors as:
• Educational Supervisors
• Team Players
• Deanery Representatives and Members
Associate Dean for SAS Doctors Mr Mamdouh Morgan
Please send all email all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.